We are always told watch how much salt we eat and not to over indulge. But when we are used to eating it every day, food without salt seems to have no flavour. However this is not the case. It’s just that because of this unhealthy habit we no longer know how to appreciate the other flavours in our food. A good alternative is celery salt as it contains plenty sodium and it is not harmful for our body.
What you need:
(To make a cup of celery salt)
- A bunch of celery stalks
- An electric coffee grinder
- A fan-oven (If you don’t have one a dehydrator will also work)
1) Put the leaves aside and keep the stalks. (Don’t let the leaves go to waste as you could use them for a meal, smoothie or a soup.)
2) Finely chop your celery stalks. This step is even more important if you are using a oven for this recipe.
3) Place the chopped celery onto a tray and put the tray onto the middle shelf of your oven. Choose the lowest temperature while making sure that the fan is working and leaving the oven door slightly ajar.
4) After several hours, you’ll see that the celery has dried out. Reduce the dried celery into a power using the grinder and pour into an airtight container.