15) To whiten your laundry, wash all your whites together and add 300 g of bicarbonate of soda to the detergent compartment during the final rinse.
[media-credit name=”Screenshot: Pinterest” align=”aligncenter” width=”429″][/media-credit]
16) Freshen the odour of your towels
Wash your whites at 90°C with two cups of white vinegar. Give them a second cycle in the machine at 90° with a half a cup of bicarbonate of soda.
17) Shine up the grill of your barbecue with a paste made from bicarbonate of soda and water.
IN THE KITCHEN
18) Use bicarbonate of soda to replace yeast in baking
[media-credit name=”Screenshot: Pinterest” align=”aligncenter” width=”564″][/media-credit]
19) To clean your fruit and vegetables, pour some water into the sink and use bicarbonate of soda to wash them
20) To remove persistent food odours from your hands, scrub them with bicarbonate of soda and water for one minute
HYGIENE, HEALTH AND BEAUTY
21) Make your own toothpaste
Find an ultra-effective recipe here.
22) For sore throats, gargle with a mixture of bicarbonate of soda, 230 mls of water and the juice of half a lemon
[media-credit name=”Screenshot: Pinterest” align=”aligncenter” width=”465″][/media-credit]