If you follow the news, you’ll be aware that numerous baby products contain chemical and toxic ingredients. This is particularly the case with baby massage oils, which are often made from oils derived from petrol. This is however no reason to abandon the idea of massaging your little bundle of joy. This beautiful moment of tenderness can strengthen the bonds between you and your baby, and play a role in their development. Furthermore, massage can soothe many common problems babies experience, such as colic, constipation, teething, gastric reflux, etc. So rather than forgetting about massages, why not make your own massage oil, that won’t have any ill-effects on your little angel.
What you need:
- A tablespoon of olive oil
- A tablespoon of sweet almond oil, starflower oil or calendula oil
- Vanilla extract (a few drops)
- A flask with a pipette drop counter
Use organic ingredients if possible.
1) Gently stir all the ingredients together.
2) Transfer the mixture into the flask.
3) To use, take a few drops and use them to facilitate the massage.
For your information: this mixture keeps for up to 6 months. Don’t hesitate to mark the date on your flask with a label.