You are sure to have a reusable bottle or flask that you bring with you to the gym or to work. And even if it only contains water, it is still important to clean it to get rid of microbes. Sometimes all it takes is to fill it with a particular drink or other to find that the odour stays in the bottle for several hours. And unpleasant as it is, a bottle or a flask that is left for too long can develop mould. So how can you solve these little niggles and ensure your bottle is clean and hygienic? The answer is in these 9 magic tips….
1) Get a special bottle brush. This inexpensive investment will serve you well, and all you need is some soap and hot water to scrub the insides.
2) Leaving boiling water to sit for a few hours in a metal bottle or flask will help dissolve any dirt.
A little water and washing up liquid will finish the job afterwards.
3) Slip two or three capsules for cleaning dentures into some hot water, and leave it to sit in the bottle overnight. Rinse the next day with washing up liquid and water.
4) Leave some bicarbonate of soda and hot water to sit in your bottle for a few hours, and rinse it afterwards with water and washing up liquid.
5) Pour some white vinegar into the bottle and leave it overnight. Rinse it out with water and washing up liquid.
Don’t worry, the taste or the smell of the vinegar won’t last.