Sadly, it seems that there is no such thing as fairy dust. However, this natural clay powder, which is both environmentally friendly and non-toxic for humans, has almost magical effects! One of its many remarkable properties is its capacity to effectively absorb stains on all types of surfaces, without leaving any marks. This means that you can remove a stain without any water, without any problem. In fact, it should not be used on a wet surface, and you shouldn’t moisten it. And to top it all off, it is inexpensive.
In short, it’s the ideal solution for all types of stains, especially for:
- Difficult oil or grease stains
- Urine stains (Montmorillonite clay also removes odours)
- Paint or grease stains
- Stains on rugs, suede or leather shoes, or on couches.
- Stains on a carpet, or on marble or granite surfaces.
How to use it
1) For simple stain removal
1) Sprinkle the area with a good dose of this powder.
2) Leave it to work for 1 to 2 hours on regular stains, or overnight for older or more difficult stains.
3) Brush the area down and vacuum up the residue with a vacuum cleaner.
2) For freshening the odour of clothes
Take a pinch of the powder and add it to the water of your steam iron before pressing the clothes.
3) On fabric and textiles (clothes, armchairs, etc.)
1) As we can’t use it on a damp or wet surface, start by removing as much moisture or oil as possible from the stain with some paper towels.
2) Cover the stain with Montmorillonite clay and leave it to work for 2 to 3 hours.
3) Scrub the stain, dab it and vacuum up the powder.
4) An effective pre-washing stain removal soap
What you need:
- 5 dessertspoons of Montmorillonite clay
- 1 dessertspoon of Marseille soap chips
- A little hot water
1) Mix the ingredients together.
2) You will obtain a paste that you need to leave dry in the fresh air.
3) Apply it to difficult stains, rub it in and put the item in the washing machine.