Food isn’t only good to eat, but you can also use it to make fantastic beauty products. Forget about spending money in the shops buying expensive and sometimes ineffective cosmetics. You can simply make them yourself at home, using only the ingredients you already have!
1. Honey cleanser
Very easy to make, this cleanser needs very few ingredients. It can be made in 15 minutes and suits all skin types. Furthremore, it contains vitamin C, which is very good for the skin.
What you need:
- 1.5 dessertspoons of rooibus tea that has been infused and cooled down.
- 1 dessertspoon of chia seeds
- 4 dessertspoons of honey
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of lemon juice
1. Mix the tea and the chia seeds in a bowl. Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
2. Add the honey and the lemon juice, mixing well. If the mixture gets too thick, add another spoon of tea. Transfer the mixture into a small bottle.
3. When you are washing your face, use some of this cleanser and rinse it off afterwards. To be repeated twice a day.
4. Store in the fridge for 10 to 14 days.
2. Mint toner
This toner is suitable for all skin types, unless you have rosacea or couperose. It takes only 30 minutes to prepare. You can use any form of aloe vera for this recipe, and it won’t affect the efficacy, but the texture may be modified.
What you need:
- 240 mls of water
- 1 mint tea teabag
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary
- 1/2 a dessertspoon of aloe vera juice
- 60 mls of witch hazel extract
1. Heat the water in a pot, and add the teabag and the rosemary. Mix it well until it the volume has reduced by half. Strain the tea and allow it to cool down.
2. Mix the aloe vera and the witch hazel extract in a bowl with 60 mls of the tea you have prepared. Strain it and transfer it into a small bottle.
3. Moisten some cotton wool with the toner and rub it gently to your face and neck. You can also place the mixture in a spray can and spritz it on your face. Repeat twice daily.
4. Store the mixture in the fridge for 1 to 2 weeks.