Simple, practical tips are clearly nothing revolutionary, but it’s often the little things that make our lives just that bit easier, and that we are glad to know about. It’s often the case of little things we never gave any thought to, but when we learn the technique, we tend to think “but of course!” You are sure to already have plenty of life hacks up your sleeve that you learned from our older articles (or elsewhere), but you are sure to find a few new ones in this list!
1) Use a straw to remove the leaves from strawberries
2) It’s impossible to do a good job of chopping with a chopping board that moves! Placing a tea towel under it will solve the problem
3) Take a photo of your fridge (and cupboards) before doing the grocery shopping to remember what you have and avoid doubling up, or avoid forgetting important things
4) Create the perfect holder for charging your telephone from an empty shampoo bottle
This handy tip means your phone isn’t left on the ground (risking being crushed), no more problems with cables being too short, and no more wires trailing everywhere. Better again, you’re recycling!
5) A hanger for trousers is ideal for holding up a recipe to make it easier to read while you cook. Hung on a press handle, it’s the perfect solution!
6) Bread clips can be used to mark the end of a roll of sticky tape
This means you avoid having to spend long minutes scraping around with your nails, searching in vain for where the start of tape is.