Many women wouldn’t dream of leaving the house without their mascara on. And this is understandable when we see the immediate effect it has, opening up the eyes for an immediate revival and natural glamour. And what you learn from regularly applying it is that thick, long eyelashes really bring out your eyes. It is therefore no surprise that we are seeing a huge increase in the popularity of false lashes, lash extensions and serums that stimulate growth of the eyelashes and make them stronger, in order to prevent them falling out. We should therefore be right on the money with this article, which allows you to choose from two effective serums for growing strong, long, healthy eyelashes. (And there is nothing to stop you using it on your eyebrows too!)
For these recipes, we recommend applying them at night before going to bed and leaving them on overnight. If you have an empty mascara tube, clean the brush (or buy a wand) and you will have the perfect applicator for your mixture. A little glass or metal airtight container is also ideal for storing your mixture. Concentrate the mixture on the base of the lashes, and there is no point in applying too much. As the eye area is delicate, we recommend that you stop treatment immediately in the case of any irritation.
1) Castor oil – classic strengthening treatment
What you need:
- 5 ml castor oil
- 5 ml coconut oil
- 2 vitamin E capsules
1) Mix the two oils well in your container.
2) Pierce the vitamin E capsule and drain the liquid in order to add it to your oils, stirring it in well.
3) In order to use it, soak your mascara brush or wand in the mixture and apply it to clean lashes every night, focusing on the base of the eyelashes.
Note that you can use castor oil on its own, but the advantage of mixing in the other ingredients is that it will be more effective and nicer to use, as well as sticking less to your lashes.
2) Argan oil treatment
What you need:
- 5 ml avocado oil
- 5 ml argan oil
- 5 ml sweet almond oil
1) The directions are simple: mix the three oils together in your container in equal parts.
2) Shake the flask before each use.
3) Soak your mascara brush or wand in the mixture and apply it to the base of clean lashes every night.