Sugar is considered enemy number 1 by increasing numbers of people, who are trying to reduce their consumption of sugar and better manage their blood sugar levels. Whether it’s because of a need to stop strong sugar cravings or because of a medical need to reduce sugar intake (for example to prevent diabetes), there are many reasons to limit our intake of sugar. And if medication can help you regulate your blood sugar levels, natural remedies can also help you to do so.
And this is the case with this simple infusion that uses only two natural ingredients (as well as water):
- First of all it contains cinnamon, a spice that is very popular among natural health enthusiasts. Ideally go for Ceylan cinnamon, or look at the labels for the following ingredients: Cinnamomum zeylanicum or Cinnamomum verum. This spice has numerous benefits: it promotes digestion, is antibiotic, expectorant, stimulates the libido and is anti-inflammatory. But overall, it helps regulate blood sugar levels as well as preventing and controlling type 2 diabetes.
- The second ingredient is a healthy plant sweetener: stevia. Its regulatory properties in terms of blood sugar is what interests us the most, but it also has other health benefits. It can lower blood pressure slightly and it is higher in antioxidants than green tea. It also has gentle diuretic properties which facilitate digestion and reduce acidity. It can also be used in dental care or for treating wounds.
What you nee:
- 6 g of Ceylan ground cinnamon
- 10 g of dried stevia leaves
- 600 ml water
1) Boil the water. Once it is at the boil, turn off the heat.
2) Add the cinnamon and the stevia.
3) Allow it to infuse for 10 minutes.
4) Strain it and drink it.