As the name suggests, makeup setting spray helps keep your makeup in place for longer. Whether you wear makeup on a daily basis, or just occasionally, it is always nice to notice that the result of your efforts last! What’s more, it can make your foundation appear more natural, less dry and less powdery if you have gone too fast or been a little heavy handed on the powder. However, these sprays are often expensive, and made up of ingredients that leave a lot to be desired. This is why we today we are proposing that you make your own, using only natural ingredients.
What you need:
- A clean, empty spray container
- 45 mls of water
- 15 mls of alcohol-free witch hazel water (which you can buy in a pharmacy or health shop)
- 15 g aloe vera gel
- 6 drops of lavender essential oil
1) Add the ingredients one by one to a container.
2) Stir well so that everything is well incorporated into the mixture (especially the gel, which has a more solid consistency).
3) Transfer the mixture into your spray flask, and voila!
4) Shake well before each use, and apply one or two spritzes of the mixture to your face.