We often suggest recipes for making your own products with natural ingredients. Not only is it quick and easy, but it is also economical and ecological, not to mention effective. We have previously proposed recipes for detergents and multi-purpose cleaners, but the product of the day is one that we use possibly more regularly than all the rest: washing up liquid! Note that this product doesn’t foam up the same as typical washing up liquids, but it works just as well! (It just takes a little getting used to in the beginning).
What you need:
- 50 g of grated Marseille soap (savon de Marseille)
- 1 dessertspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 dessertspoon of white vinegar
- 1 dessertspoon of soda crystals (which should not come into contact with your skin during preparation)
- 1 dessertspoon of liquid black soap (optional)
- 20 drops of an essential oil of your choice
- 800 mls of boiling water
- A glass or plastic flask
1) Put the grated Marseille soap into a mixing bowl.
2) Add the water and stir well to dissolve all the soap.
3) Continue by adding the vinegar, the soda crystals, the bicarbonate of soda and the soap. Mix it well. (In the case of a thick mixture, you can put it in a blender.) Leave it to rest for a few hours.
4) Finish by adding your chosen essential oil.
Use it like you use your usual washing up liquid. If the mixture solidifies (which can happen because of the soap), shake it well and add a little hot water if necessary.
Source – Main image: savethegreen.fr