We’ve already talked about coconut oil and its multiple applications in terms of beauty, health and everyday life. And to be honest, we are completely convinced of its efficacy, and use it on a daily basis! This is why we simply can’t resist the urge to propose two treatments using this fantastic oil, to help you make the most of its amazing effects on the hair. One is revitalising and nourishing, while the other is conditioning and detangling. Rest assured, they are both easy to make!
Note: we recommend using an unrefined, organic, extra virgin coconut oil in order to obtain a high quality product. The revitalising recipe is recommended once a week for optimal efficacy.
1) Revitalising recipe
What you need:
- Two tablespoons of coconut oil
- One tablespoon of jojoba oil
- Between 3 and 5 drops of an essential oil of your choice (choose one that smells good and that is good for the hair and scalp, such as lavender, rosemary, peppermint, geranium, etc.)
1) Use solid coconut oil (put it in the fridge if needed to solifidy it). Take the oil and stir it well until you obtain a smooth, creamy texture.
2) Add the jojoba oil, stirring it well so that the mixture is even. Finally add the drops of essential oil, stirring again.
3) Apply all over your hair, working it well into the tips.
4) Cover your hair with a shower cap or cling film and give it a blast of the hairdryer for a few seconds, to help the oil really penetrate the hair. Leave it on for 15 to 30 minutes.
5) Rinse and wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
2) Detangling treatment
What you need:
- The revitalising mixture (as outlined above)
- A spray flask
1) Make the revitalising mixture and add water, with a ratio of ten parts water per one part rivitalising mix.
2) Spray it on to your hair and brush it through.
- You can also use coconut oil on split ends. Add a little to make them look healthier and sleeker.
- With a little dab of oil, smooth any stray hairs or frizz.
- Add a little coconut oil to your shampoo or conditioner to make it even more effective on dry hair.
- Use coconut oil and salt to make a pan non-stick (see the technique here).